Dentures are removable custom made appliance replacement for missing teeth. It helps you restore your smile if you’ve lost your natural teeth due to tooth decay, injury or gum disease. Replacing missing teeth with dentures will help you improve your appearance, smile and you can eat and speak properly than without teeth. Dentures may take some time getting used to it, yet nowadays dentures is more natural looking and more comfortable to wear than before.
Types of Denture:
Conventional- a full removable denture placed in your mouth after remaining teeth are removed and tissues have healed.
Immediate-an immediate denture is inserted in your mouth on the same day the remaining teeth are removed.
Overdenture- an overdenture fits over a small number of remaining natural teeth after they have been prepared by your dentist. Implants can serve the same function.
Replacing missing teeth is important with the support of a denture, when you lose all of your natural teeth facial muscles can sag making a person look older. Dentures can help fill out the appearance of your face and profile. Just like your natural teeth dentures should be well taken care of and good oral hygiene must still be practiced.
- Brush your gums, tongue and roof of your mouth every day to remove plaque and help reduce bad breath and oral irritation.
- Rinse your dentures before brushing to remove any loose food or debris.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush and a non-abrasive cleanser to gently brush all the surfaces of the dentures so they don’t get scratched.
- When you’re not wearing your dentures, put them in a safe place covered in water to keep them from warping.
- Have a regular visit with your dentist for oral examination and cleaning.