For most people it is recommended to visit your dentist two times a year, some may require more than twice depends on their situation. Even if you don’t have any signs and symptoms of dental issues, still you might be having dental problems only your dentist can identify. Regular dental visit can help detect and prevent reversible dental problems from developing at an early stage.
Here are few warning signs that you should visit your dentist.
- Teeth sensitivity to cold or hot.
- Swollen or bleeding gums especially while brushing or flossing.
- Having dental fillings (old) crowns, dental implants, dentures that might need to change.
- Having some bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- Pain or swelling in your mouth, face or neck
- Gum disease or tooth decay
- Having dry mouth more often
- Smoking tobacco and other related products
- Painful, popping, tender jaw.
- Canker sore.
Keeping our mouth healthy is an essential part of our overall health. You don’t have to wait for any signs and symptoms before you visit your dentist. Remember that early detection of developing possible risk of dental problems will save you from undesirable and costly dental treatments. Also keep your dentist well informed of any changes in your overall health since several medical conditions might affect your dental health.Leave a reply →